Post by j3xs »

Image thanks again! I really enjoyed this and I will get more bang for my buck

Jo
kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Re: Doilies and Diecuts Class HERE!!!!

Post by kittymomma »

These LOS are beautiful! So, when you mask with the diecut papers--you still intend to use them again on the right side of the paper? Or do they get ruined when you mist them? Like, do you buy one to keep specifically for masking and then another to use as part of a LO?
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

kittymomma wrote:These LOS are beautiful! So, when you mask with the diecut papers--you still intend to use them again on the right side of the paper? Or do they get ruined when you mist them? Like, do you buy one to keep specifically for masking and then another to use as part of a LO?

Oh yeah...I use them again! Just make sure to let it dry before you start cutting into it!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

j3xs wrote:Image thanks again! I really enjoyed this and I will get more bang for my buck

Jo

This is so pretty Jo! Great job!
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Laura Fiore wrote:

sorry, it took me forever to read what you were talking about...it should read OR more punched borders (this is if you don't like the bulk of lace or prefer not to use it)

Let me see if I can add the photos to the last few posts for this layout.
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks - and yeah, once I got past that one I saw you had all the rest w/steps & photo in the same post. :)
Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by PezKat »

Laura Fiore wrote:

No one SHOULD have my stash of Glimmer Mist Jenna...but do you remember when they had that crazy Happy Meal Beanie Baby craze in the early 90's? My kids must have eaten McDonald's Happy Meals three times a week, just so we could collect them all! Yeah...addictive personalities are fun :?
Amateurs. I once had 2 Happy Meals in one day!! (to get Neopets minis)
Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by PezKat »

Ok, here's my 1st rather boring (comparitively) attempt at using a die cut page for a stencil! I've got the layout almost done so hopefully can post those pics tomorrow (um, definitely need to to get them in the Crop Challenge, lol!), but wanted to get this up now. I did all 4 corners for a 2-page spread, and of course the scallop paper is also now inked & ready to use it somewhere else.

I usually work on the pages in my album in chron. order, so I really can't do as many as I'd hoped until I figure out what layouts I want to do. But I'll definitely do them at some point! I'm so used to just using this brown to distress everything, I'll have to expand into different colors as well!
Image Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

PezKat wrote:Ok, here's my 1st rather boring (comparitively) attempt at using a die cut page for a stencil! I've got the layout almost done so hopefully can post those pics tomorrow (um, definitely need to to get them in the Crop Challenge, lol!), but wanted to get this up now. I did all 4 corners for a 2-page spread, and of course the scallop paper is also now inked & ready to use it somewhere else.

I usually work on the pages in my album in chron. order, so I really can't do as many as I'd hoped until I figure out what layouts I want to do. But I'll definitely do them at some point! I'm so used to just using this brown to distress everything, I'll have to expand into different colors as well!

Cool! That's a great start to the layout!
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by PezKat »

Here's the final product! Did it for Challenge 13 (B&W w/1 other color, 2+ photos, 5 rings). I thought the corners unify the 2 pages a bit and also echo the thought/dialogue bubbles in the cartoon clippings I added! (I'll add bigger photos of each pages later so people can read them...)

Image Image

Return to “February Crop 2010”