Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update

Post by scrappinmom99 »

beachlover wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 am
Aw, sweetie so sorry you have to deal with thisbut glad to hear its done.  Prayers that the pain subsides  :greeninlove:
My brother is going through the same thing right now, two spots on his face, one is on the side of his nose.
I honestly have to check in with him to see how he is doing!  Thinking of you!

Two spots? Oh no! :( Send him my best wishes!! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update 5/8

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:23 am
Glad it went well! You take it easy now and listen to your body.

Oh..and I totally understand the whole "do not blow your nose". OMG..several years ago I had surgery to fix my deviated septum. One of the things was do not blow your nose...I actually asked my surgeon.."Yeah..so what if I did?"  He said I'd lose tons of blood and will probably pass out and would be admitted to the hospital. "Oh..okay. Yeah..that sounds no bueno to me. Got it doctor!"

Yeah definitely no bueno! For me, it was just that the bandages, and well, I guess the stitches, were in the way!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update 5/8

Post by scrappinmom99 »

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 am
Sorry you don't feel so well, hopefully the discomfort will be gone soon. And hopefully you can scrap again soon, there is still plenty of time left for the NSD challenges. 

I'm so glad the deadline is longer this year. I've been doing some cards and putting together pics/supplies for layouts. I finished your progressive challenge and just have to upload it. That definitely occupied my mind the day of LOL! Thank you xoxo
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

AnniePee wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:21 am
Good morning -- just read this and I want to encourage you: My husband had Mohs surgery a few years back to remove a cancer from the tip of his nose. His doctor was very skilled, and praise God, you have to look very carefully to see his scar.  I forget it's even there.  Praying you will heal up just as nicely! This ordeal will make an interesting scrapbook layout!

I definitely plan to scrapbook it. I had DH take pictures even though I looked awful because it's all a part of the process. Ooh, I should look at the doodlebug Healing collection......... ;)
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Re: Prayers Requested

Post by VickiR »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 pm
VickiR wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am
Thanks everyone! In the Uber now. I was trying to upload from my phone to ACOT and can't figure it out. At least it's something fun to focus on lol

Oh my, Anne-Marie.  Take care and feel better.  My DH had the exact same thing in the exact same spot back in 2012.  The Dr. actually had to do a skin flap.  So many hugs for you!  Make sure you take something for the pain and get lots of rest and fluids in you.   
How's he doing? What does it look like now? I think she did a skin flap too. I thought there would be "a few" stitches but it starts at the top of my nose (right where my glasses's nosepad goes - ack!) and comes down into my cheek smile wrinkle (what do we call this? LOL). DH thought ahead and made a big homemade chicken soup and I just had the last of it for lunch. So fluids, plus no chewing! 
It healed well but he does have a scar.  It's from the ridge of his nose to the tip on the left side. His was deep and he had it done under local also.  He never leaves the house, all year round, without sunscreen on... Coppertone 100 Sport. 

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

VickiR wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
It healed well but he does have a scar.  It's from the ridge of his nose to the tip on the left side. His was deep and he had it done under local also.  He never leaves the house, all year round, without sunscreen on... Coppertone 100 Sport. 

Yes! That is exactly the same spot and sounds like size as well. I had no idea it was going to go that far up my nose where my glasses are. And I was good with sunscreen...in the summer...but now I don't leave the house without SPF100 either no matter the season or weather. I guess we never want to go through this again!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1040

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update 5/10

Post by pawprints »

So glad you are doing better today Anne-Marie and that you were actually able to do some work and make some cards! Great progress! I hope you continue to heal quickly and smoothly!

Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 pm
I hope by now you are in recovery, Anne-Marie!  I know it will be fine!  My brother's surgery went well last month. :)  I would be mad at the timing, too, if that makes you feel better. 

How's he doing? And actually knowing you'd be mad too DOES make me feel better LOL! 
He is doing very well. They said they got it all.  Now to be vigilant with the sunscreen/hats!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 pm
VickiR wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Yes! That is exactly the same spot and sounds like size as well. I had no idea it was going to go that far up my nose where my glasses are. And I was good with sunscreen...in the summer...but now I don't leave the house without SPF100 either no matter the season or weather. I guess we never want to go through this again! 
Hugs, take care and heal quickly!

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

Progress Anne Marie - that is good. It takes a while for swelling to go down after surgery. Sending positive thoughts your way!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 927

Post by StacyLee »

Continuing to think about you, Anne-Marie! Just saw all of your updates, take care...you're getting there! Glad to hear the swelling went down some where you could scrap. Oh...and work, too  ;)
Stacy

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

So glad the swelling has gone done a bit. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Cherished
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 85

Post by Cherished »

Sending Prayers of Healing. 
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 498

Post by SandyJay »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 am
Today is my Mohs surgery for the skin cancer on my face. Eeek! I'm asking for the power of Cherry Prayers today - I know you guys are powerful like that :) I'm looking forward to having this overwith but don't actually want to do it LOL! Also, is it bad that I'm a little annoyed that it's interfering with the scrappy time for NSD challenge deadlines??? LOL!!! Seriously, I'm sure this is a bigger deal in my head than it reality or at least I hope so. In any case, I thank you for your prayers, good thoughts, vibes, and love!! 

****Update 5/7

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts and love everybody! I felt the love. The procedure went well but they had to go in 2x to remove all the cancer. I have been completely bandaged from the top bridge of my nose to my lip. I can't blow my nose and it's killing me LOL! Everything is wearing off now and starting to hurt. I think maybe we will just binge watch something the rest of the night. DH went out to get my antibiotics. Tomorrow I will be able to see what the stitches look like. I have been cleared to go back to work 5/29 but will prob wait til the first homestand in June. I have plenty of copy editing and scrapping I can do at home LOL!

Picture, when the Valium kicked in LOL! This was between the first procedure and the second.

***Update 5/8

Yikes everything has worn off and I don't look or feel so chipper anymore LOL. The good thing is the suffocating bandages are off and just have gauze covering the stitches. But my face is swollen and my left eye is almost closed - ack! How will I scrap? LOL! (Just noticed my feet didn't touch the floor in that picture - 5'3" LOL!) I did laugh out loud at everybody who said they would also be upset about the timing during NSD challenges! I do feel better LOL!

5/10 -- Yesterday my face & eye were so puffy I could hardly see. The swelling has gone down a bit today, but I am still icing it and taking Tylenol. Now that the swelling has gone down, I can feel the stitches more but can see better so I guess that's progress LOL? I did some copy editing and worked on some cards for some of the challenges. We are in sore need of birthday cards for May and June around here!
Putting you in my prayers again!  My DH has a suspicious spot and pump on his nose.  He can’t get into a derm until September! What has happened to our health care system?  It used to be better than this.  

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 687

Post by stinkerbelle »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:07 pm
thank you for the update!  hoping you're not in too much pain (and i'm with you about blowing your nose lol would drive me bonkers too) and able to take the rest that you need :)

It was driving me mad not being able to blow my nose. I blow it so many times a day. Turns out this plastic surgeon told me I have a deviated septum and this is the first I've ever heard of that! Must be why I'm always blowing my nose. But that was the first thing I Did when the bandages came off! 
it's the simple things, right?  glad you found out about the deviated septum!  hope you're feeling great :D

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 am
Today is my Mohs surgery for the skin cancer on my face. Eeek! I'm asking for the power of Cherry Prayers today - I know you guys are powerful like that :) I'm looking forward to having this overwith but don't actually want to do it LOL! Also, is it bad that I'm a little annoyed that it's interfering with the scrappy time for NSD challenge deadlines??? LOL!!! Seriously, I'm sure this is a bigger deal in my head than it reality or at least I hope so. In any case, I thank you for your prayers, good thoughts, vibes, and love!! 

****Update 5/7

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts and love everybody! I felt the love. The procedure went well but they had to go in 2x to remove all the cancer. I have been completely bandaged from the top bridge of my nose to my lip. I can't blow my nose and it's killing me LOL! Everything is wearing off now and starting to hurt. I think maybe we will just binge watch something the rest of the night. DH went out to get my antibiotics. Tomorrow I will be able to see what the stitches look like. I have been cleared to go back to work 5/29 but will prob wait til the first homestand in June. I have plenty of copy editing and scrapping I can do at home LOL!

Picture, when the Valium kicked in LOL! This was between the first procedure and the second.

***Update 5/8

Yikes everything has worn off and I don't look or feel so chipper anymore LOL. The good thing is the suffocating bandages are off and just have gauze covering the stitches. But my face is swollen and my left eye is almost closed - ack! How will I scrap? LOL! (Just noticed my feet didn't touch the floor in that picture - 5'3" LOL!) I did laugh out loud at everybody who said they would also be upset about the timing during NSD challenges! I do feel better LOL!

5/10 -- Yesterday my face & eye were so puffy I could hardly see. The swelling has gone down a bit today, but I am still icing it and taking Tylenol. Now that the swelling has gone down, I can feel the stitches more but can see better so I guess that's progress LOL? I did some copy editing and worked on some cards for some of the challenges. We are in sore need of birthday cards for May and June around here!

Bless your heart!!!! 🙏🏻 For quick healing!!!
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Coming in to the message board so late! Saying a prayer for your continued healing. Take care, our sweet Anne-Marie!
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”